Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed following you on the journey. Enjoy your time with your parents. I’m sure the dogs will be so glad to see you when you get home.
I left Farmington at pretty much the normal time (7:15) heading for Carbondale, IL - about 91 miles. Because of where the hotel was, I had to roll through town again and the same roads I had ridden the night before. This time I took captured some video and took some pictures. Farmington, MO is a pretty little place. I rolled out through a residential area and then through the town center. Once out on the road, I was surprised to see a few wineries. I only grabbed one shot though. One did have an orchard of some sort as well, but I couldn't tell what kind of trees they were. (more country roads) (a little longer video - riding with Charles) The 1st half of the day was pretty much back country roads with little traffic. There were rolling hills and fields for as far as you could see. (just amazing how the land opens up before you) I caught another picture of a barn for my friend Jon. As I dropped down into ...
As I mentioned in my last post, I decided to take a day off. I was due and this is the best town around to do it because there's places to eat and a Walmart and Kroger. So, I slept in a bit, checked and cleaned my bike, posted on this blog, and basically lounged around. Kinda boring, but I've got a lot ahead of me. I'm hoping to make Damascus, VA by Sunday. It's pretty ambitious and I don't know how bad the terrain will be, so I don't know if it's possible But we'll see. If I do it, it'll be 646 miles and I'll take my last rest day there. (Got the legs up watching TV)
Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I really enjoyed following you on the journey. Enjoy your time with your parents. I’m sure the dogs will be so glad to see you when you get home.
ReplyDeleteSimply marvelous! NJ is so VERY glad you made it safe & sound. Enjoy your much needed rest. Congratulations Charles.
ReplyDeleteThanks folks! Erin's arrived too. Now we're just chillin' and enjoying family. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a crazy, wonderful, life-affirming adventure. Enjoy the time with your folks, and y'all have a safe drive home.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a remarkable achievement!
ReplyDeleteCongrats dude! I had trust in you! (won't mention how much money was won or lost here at the office.... I kid! I kid!)
ReplyDelete