500 miles in 5 Days - Day 1

(bikes get to rest at rest stops too)

A few weeks ago, I rode 300 miles in 3 days to see how I would react to it.  I had also been planning to do 500 miles in 5 days and today was the first day.  Basically, I want to see if I can really ride 100-125 miles a day - day after day like I'll need to when I ride to VA in June.  I want to do that before I truly commit to the trip and before buying any last supplies and gear I'll need.

Well, today went well.  I started out with a local group and rode with them for 15-20 miles before turning off and continuing out to Wilmer, Lancaster, Ferris, and back again.  All in all, I got 105 miles in and I feel pretty good.  I was able to ride at the pace and effort I wanted for the entire ride and honestly really enjoyed the ride.  So, I'd say these 5 days are off to a good start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update