Random thoughts

This weekend has been a wash with regards to rides.  But, I did get a good deal on some gear for my trip.

I was originally planning to get a 100 miles in Saturday and about 40 or 50 today.  But, I've been feeling kinda "off" all week long.  Just tired and run down.  I don't really think it's due to the amount of riding I've been do, but rather something else.

Still, I'm encouraged by the rides last weekend and the 300 miles in 3 days I did a couple weeks ago.  This week, starting Thursday, I'm planning 500 miles in 5 days.  That'll be my last "test" of how the body reacts to so many miles day after day.  I am really happy with how I felt when I did 300 in 3 days a couple weeks ago and I'm hoping 500 in 5 will just be an extension of that.  If it is, the trip is a definite "go"!

With regards to gear, REI had their Garage Sale this weekend starting Friday.  I was lucky enough to be there when they opened on Friday and was one of the first 200 they let in.  I was able to pick up one of the tents I've been eyeing and it's footprint for right at $200 total (the tent is normally $390 and the footprint is another $50 or $70).  Not a bad deal at all!

My Big Agnes HV UL2 Tent:





Oh ya, and I got my sleeping bag last week too.  A Kelt Cosmic Down 40.  Had to pay full price unfortunately. ;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update