I left Farmington at pretty much the normal time (7:15) heading for Carbondale, IL - about 91 miles. Because of where the hotel was, I had to roll through town again and the same roads I had ridden the night before. This time I took captured some video and took some pictures. Farmington, MO is a pretty little place. I rolled out through a residential area and then through the town center. Once out on the road, I was surprised to see a few wineries. I only grabbed one shot though. One did have an orchard of some sort as well, but I couldn't tell what kind of trees they were. (more country roads) (a little longer video - riding with Charles) The 1st half of the day was pretty much back country roads with little traffic. There were rolling hills and fields for as far as you could see. (just amazing how the land opens up before you) I caught another picture of a barn for my friend Jon. As I dropped down into ...
Today, I rode 91.5 miles to the Breaks Interstate Park in Virginia. The day started and ended with rain with a few moments of sun in between. When I got up, it was raining pretty hard. But, by the time I left the rain was dying down. And then the last 20ish miles was in the rain - sometimes pretty hard with some thunder and a couple flashes of lightening - eek! The bike did great and I was really glad to had disk brakes. The rear tire was almost flat this morning, so I changed the tube. I also changed the tire too. I picked up a bit of a cut in the tire when I was riding to Joplin (in the break down lane). It's held up fine, but I figured it made sense to change it while I was changing the tube. I didn't take a lot of pictures due to the rain, but it was a lot like yesterday. A lot of the route followed river roads with houses scattered alongside - some very nice, some very old. There was a lot of climbing, but not as much as yesterday. There we...
Comments
Post a Comment