My gear (and how I'm carrying it all)

A number of people have asked about my gear, so I thought I'd share what I'm taking with me and how it's all going to fit on the bike.


Here's a list of what I'm taking:

Camping Supplies:
  • Big Agness HV UL2 tent with poles, stakes, and foot print
  • Kelt Cosmic Down 40 sleeping bag
  • Nemo Tensor 20r sleeping pad
Bike Stuff:
  • Lezyne Micro Drive HP Pump
  • Crank Brothers Multi Bicycle Tool
  • Leatherman
  • 4 tubes
  • Specialized SWorks Turbo 26 mm tire
  • 4 mm and 5 mm allen wrenches
  • Park Tool patch kit, tire boot, levers
  • Zip ties
  • Chain lube
  • 2 SRAM speed links
  • 2 - 11 speed derailleur cables
Clothing
  • Complete cycling kit
  • Cycling jacket
  • Arm and leg warmers
  • Cool weather full fingered gloves
  • Camp clothes - t-shirt, convertible pants, and socks
  • New Balance Minimus minimalist shoes
Electronics
  • Spare Garmin Edge 800
  • Anker PowerCore 20100 to charge everything
  • Misc. cables and wall chargers
  • Garmin inReach Explorer
Misc. Supplies:
  • Misc. towels and clothes
  • Wet wipes
  • Toiletries 
  • Additional tent foot print (to act as a tarp)
  • Lights
  • Notebook
  • Route maps
All told, it's 20.8 lbs and I'll be carrying everything using a Revelate Designs seat bag, frame bag, and gas tank (bento box).

Here's what all that looks like on the bike:


I took the bike for a spin fully loaded and it handled pretty good.  It, of course, took a little bit more to get it up to speed, but once going it seemed to go just fine. So, I think I'm all set. 

Comments

  1. Where's the trailer for Bruno?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a harness and he's going to pull me along. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update