The Bike

I have been having problems with the bike I'm planning on riding to Virginia on.  On every pedal stroke the bike clicks and, whenever I pedal hard (like going uphill), it creaks.  I've had the bike shop look at it a few times and they've even replaced the (bottom bracket) bearings.  That usually quiets the bike for a few weeks, but then the clicks come back.  There's really nothing mechanically wrong with the bike, but I have no desire to ride 6-8 hours a day for 21 days hearing "click", "click", "click" over and over again.  So, I'm taking one of my other bikes (I have four). 

In two weeks, I will be leaving Dallas on my 2015 Specialized CRUX...

(Personally, I think it's a beauty!)

The bike is a little heavier than what I have been planning to ride, but I've climbed mountains on it before and it was alright.  What I like is that it has disk brakes, which will come in handy on those descents in the Appalachian Mountains.

Here's a few more pictures showing the iridescent paint and flake.




And, here is a picture of the bike I had been planning on riding.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update