Day 15 - Berea, KY - 5.8 miles

Today's been another rest day and I really needed it. The last few days really tired me out. But after some extra sleep, stretching, and a bunch of laying around, I feel much better.  About the only thing I did today (other than eating) was ride over to the Post Office to ship some things home. 

I've been staying in hotels since I arrived in Tulsa, OK.  After reviewing the rest of the route, there are hotels I can stay at the rest of the way. 

So, no need to camp and no need to carry all the camping gear over the Appalachian mountains. All told, I shipped 7.5 lbs back home. That brings the weight of what I'm carrying down to less than 9.5 lbs!  I've got some serious climbs to come, so that should help!

I didn't take any pictures today, but the pet sitter came by the house and sent some pictures of Bruno and Hope. 


(Bruno)


(Hope)

The adventure continues tomorrow with a 95 mile ride to Combs, KY.  There's a chance for rain, but hopefully it won't happen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update