Day 18 - Breaks Interstate Park, VA to Damascus, VA - 76 miles

It was a good ride today. I got really rained on for 10-15 miles about 50 miles in, but the climbs weren't as bad as I was afraid they would be, so I'm calling it a good day. In fact, per Strava, there were a lot of categorized climbs today, but it didn't feel like it.  And, I'm glad!

The scenery for the first half of the ride was similar to what I've been riding through in Kentucky (of course). During the second half, I saw lots of hills that looked like massive mounds. Something I've never seen before. 












Tonight, I'm staying in Damascus. Apparently 7 nationally known trails run through here.  There are a number of hostels here, but I'm staying at the Damascus Old Mill Inn. It's pretty nice and they upgraded me to a nice room overlooking the grist mill waterfall. 




I've been looking at the weather and it's looking like if I take tomorrow off instead of Thursday, I'll have better weather for the rest of the ride to my parents. So, I may do that. 

Comments

  1. Ahhh - watching your competition huh? What? Ducks peddle too; just underwater. Glad you're staying above water and on the road with good brakes! Keep going, if the little quackers can do it, so can you! Just believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I did notice they were "pedaling"... so were the little ones. They would even go to the edge of the waterfall and pedal away from it. Looked like some sort of training routine. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update