Day 19 - Damascus, VA - 0 miles

I took today off to rest the legs and wait out the weather. The forecast called for rain starting around noon here and in Radford (my next stop). There is still a chance for rain tomorrow morning, but it'll be clearing up as the day goes on and hopefully I'll be riding away from it. 

I did a little bit of running around today to resupply (food for the bike, toothpaste, etc.). I also got to talk with a lady that works here at the inn. Her family has been here for multiple generations and where she lives, her great grandmother inherited it and her grandmother inherited it and so forth down to her. 

She showed me some pictures of the inn when it was a mill. 

It's been a good day.  I've got 440 miles left to get to my parents.  I hope to be there Sunday night. 

Erin's flying in Monday and Tuesday we'll ride the last 51 miles to Yorktown together. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update