Day 4 - Tulsa, OK - 0 miles

Thanks to the weather, today was another day off.

As I posted this morning, we had thunderstorms here in Tulsa and they are forecasting rain and/or thunderstorms in Joplin overnight and tomorrow morning.  So, I decided to stay in Tulsa another day. The good news is based on what I've seen forecasted, I may have dry weather over the next week.

I didn't do a whole lot today. My legs are a little tired and a bit stiff from walking in flip flops yesterday.  So I did some stretching and kept my legs up.  The flip flops are good for camp "shoes", but not that good for walking.

I did end up meeting the owner of E'Town Schwinn in Elizabethtown, KY.  He drove in today to pick up a granddog and we got to talking about my trip and the Trans American Bike route.  He invited me to stop by the shop on my way through.  A really nice guy.

Now I'm just watching Forged in Fire before getting ready for bed. The bike is as packed as it can be right now and lubed up to go first thing in the morning. Hopefully it'll be a good ride. My destination is Joplin, MO.

BTW, not related to anything today, but my friend, Bill, took this picture of my bike before I left Saturday. I really liked how it came out!


Comments

  1. Praying for blue skies ahead! BTW you missed the Noon call on Monday :) but since you cared for everything beforehand, now we catch up by reading your blog! Thanks for continuing to entertain us. Be safe ... come back ... watch out for cars, deer, skunks, raccoons, and very big trucks! Greetings from NJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad y'all are enjoying the blog. I'm doing my best to avoid all those things and MORE. Say Hi to everyone.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles

Gear Update