Gear Update

After my last post (My gear (and how I'm carrying it all), I decided to see if I could pair things down and pack better.  I wasn't thrilled with the how much everything weighed and really didn't like having a frame bag rubbing my legs as I pedaled.

So, I picked up a dry bag system that mounts to my handlebars.  It's a Revelate Design Sweetroll.  I also replaced a few things with lighter versions and got rid of some things I don't believe I'll need.  All told, I was able to drop 4 lbs off the weight of my gear.  Down from 20.8 lbs to 16.8.

Here's a couple pictures of the bike fully loaded.




Comments

  1. I keep up with your adventures and was wondering if it is a medium or large dry bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the handlebars? It's a large. The only difference between the sizes is the diameter. They are all 22 or 23 inches long.
      The large has been perfect for carrying my sleeping bag, next day's cycling clothes, and evening clothes.

      Delete
    2. Also, I can say after riding in the rain today, it's waterproof.
      BTW, it's a revelate designs sweet roll .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing the TransAmerica Bike Route (Hopewell, VA to Yorktown, VA) - 59.7 miles